Trunow! Finally, an App that gives cashback at every gas station by simply scanning a receipt!
According to the AAA, $2.82 is the United States’ current rate of one tank of gas. If you are one of those people who travel a lot miles for work, Trunow is the app for you. For many households, gas expenses can take up huge part of their weekly budget. In some states gas can be as high as $4 a gallon.
This is where the Trunow app can be of help to everyone. This app assists people to save money by helping find the lowest gas prices near you. Trunow also works to help you save cash on items you purchase at convenience stores and gas stations such as food and drinks. The Trunow app can be downloaded via the Google Play or the App Store.
Trunow offers cash back rebates on gas and offers the rewards directly to your account. This App premiered late in 2017 so information about it is still not widespread and the company does not have that many retail partners yet.
Features of the Trunow App
Trunow has features that makes it stand out from the rest of the other apps in its category. Trunow combines cash back gas apps, gas finders, and rebate apps all into one.
When using the Trunow app and it locates a store rebate or gas station, the app will tell you how far they are from your location. Usually, the search provides a 1-mile range but you can still scroll the map for other spots on your specific route.
You just need to turn on the location option on your phone and the app will work its magic and locate the best price of gas near you. Your location also helps to find rebates with partnered products. Just check the “Deals Nearby” part of the app. When you purchase gas, you just need to take a photo of your receipt and upload it (the app does this for you) then you will get 2% cash back on gas.
Signing Up for Trunow
The quickest way to sign up is by going straight to their website and just click the link located at the bottom of the page. Simply download then install the app. Keep in mind that your phone’s location should be turned on.
Once the app has been installed, you’ll have to register by providing your phone number. A text notification will be sent by the app. That would be the code for verifying your number. As of now, this is the only way to register.
When you sign up, your account will receive a bonus from Trunow. According to other members, the gift depends on the average gas price in your area. You can immediately start using the app as soon as it’s downloaded.
Upon opening Trunow, you will be able to see all gas stations within a mile from where you are currently located. You have the option to scroll the map for browsing more areas. This can be very beneficial especially when traveling and planning to see gas prices from other places along your route.
The map showcases icons of gas stations. You have the option to click gas stations icons in order to get more information, such as the rate of Diesel or Premium, ratings of the station, and also how recently the price was actually updated.
Once you visit that specific station, you can use the app for confirm the price or update it as necessary. Trunow will pay you to do this, this ensures that the app is always up to date.
How to Make Money With Trunow
When you purchase gas from any station in the U.S. Trunow will give a 1% cash upon uploading of your receipt to the app. You just have to use the camera icon on the app which says “Receipt”. You have to keep in mind that the whole receipt should be included in the frame of the picture. If you purchase from a Trunow partner gas station, you will be able to recieve a 2% cash back! Trunow allows you to save money every time you purchase gas.
The app also provides rebates on certain items. There are brand-specific items. Just click the “Deals Nearby” icon then scroll through the offers that are immediately available. You can click the offer and see the instructions required for the rebate. Take note that there are some rebates that require buying more items and there are some that require buying a specific size of the product. As soon as you purchase the item, you’ll have to upload the receipt. This is similar with the steps for gas cash backs. Once Trunow approves, the earnings will appear in your account.
Pros and Cons
- The app is not complicated to use, especially when finding local gas prices.
- The location-based feature of the app helps you use Trunow while traveling to look for gas stations that have the lowest prices instantly.
- You can get a 2% cash back for gas from partnered retailers.
- Majority of locations have available product rebates.
- The map on the app helps you locate gas along the route you are on.
- Referrals can also help you earn extra money.
- The app offers a sign-up bonus as soon as you register.
- There is a PayPal payment option.
- The Trunow app quite drains a phone’s battery. It’s probably because it keeps on running to search the area for partner gas stations. To remedy this, I only open the app when I’m looking for gas stations or scanning my receipt.
- Due to it being quite new in the market, there are not too many retail partners especially in rural areas.
- Signing up will require you to provide your phone number.
- The rebates and cash back do not instantly show up. Usually, it takes a few days before Trunow approves your receipt.
- The gas stations that are not yet in partner with Trunow only provides 1% cash back.
- If you want to choose PayPal payment, the reward gets cut in half.
I personally love this Trunow App because it is absolutely Free to use and I have already cashed out several times. I run an Electrical Contracting Business and I use it to scan all my own and employees gas receipts. Its like getting Free money. Where I am located, they do not have any partner stores so I opt to get paid by PayPal.